Congregations across the region are engaging in conversations about what a living wage entails and wrestling with the questions about how to live the commitment to a living wage in our congregations and in the public sphere.
The following is a compilation of sermons and reflections, from laity and clergy, on what it means to work for economic justice and a living wage.
This page is meant to serve as a community resource and space to share the conversations happening within our congregations. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to contribute.
- Living Wage Banner Blessing by Rev. Brandon Duran of Plymouth Church Seattle UCC (June 2014)
- An Ethic for the Common Good by Dick Gillett of St. Andrew’s Episcopal (June 2014)
- A Living Wage Manifesto by Don Bell of Plymouth Church Seattle UCC (June 2014)
- An Economy of Justice– bulletin reflection by Fr. Paul Magnano of Christ Our Hope Catholic Church (February 2014)
- House with Two Masters–sermon by Rev. David Bloom (September 2013)
Find a list of living wage and economic justice statements, resolutions, and news from various denominations here.