We invite you and your congregation to learn more about ongoing education, advocacy, and organizing opportunities for a Living Wage through the Church Council of Greater Seattle.
Opportunities for engagement include:
- Church Council’s “God and Money” curriculum: Host a presentation that examines the economic system through biblical traditions and faith-based values. Available for 1-5 sessions.
- Living Wage Forums: Continue the process of education by having a worker-panel or having local policy experts speak at your congregation.
- Living Wage Principles: Sign onto the principles to commit your congregational support of engaging in education and advocacy for a living wage. The process of getting congregational support is an important step to generate discussion and consensus among congregation members, social justice boards, and governing entities. Find a copy here.
- “Living Wage For All” Banner Campaign: Lift your congregational voice with other faith communities in public witness of a commitment to education, advocacy, and organizing for a Living Wage. In June 2014, 14 congregations in 8 denominations lifted banners onto their houses of worship. Find pictures and an article about the banners here.
- Living Wage Working Group: Join with other people of faith once a month who are actively advocating and organizing around a variety of living wage issues and initiatives in the Puget Sound region. Meets every first Thursday of the month.
Please contact email@example.com or (206) 525-1213 to have a conversation about how you and your congregation can best get connected with current living wage opportunities.
Download the following:
- Find an invitational letter to your congregation here.
- Find a “Living Wage Opportunities for Engagement” handout here.
- Lists opportunities within your congregation to begin or deepen a living wage commitment as well as opportunities to support regional living wage efforts.